Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Remodeling again

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I have a roommate now.  His name's Kenley and he just got baptized into my church three months ago, while I was on my trip to Japan.  He's a really cool guy.

Anyway, it's made me start remodeling again because my basement isn't really inhabitable right now and that's where he's going to be staying.  So I've hung a door in the bedroom where he'll be staying.
Isn't it just beautiful?  I think I'll leave it just like that.
So now he has some privacy.  He's really excited about it.  I also decided to finally tile the bathroom downstairs, now that I've had the tile for almost 2 years.  So, I started tearing out the walls that were in the shower. (Who puts drywall and wood trim around a window in a shower anyway?)
The beautiful wall behind the sheetrock.
Surprisingly, when I pulled away the sheetrock I found what looks very much like a soap holder built in to my cinderblock wall.  I'm thinking I might just leave it there when I tile over the wall.  It'll be set in a bit, but still usable.
It might need to be cleaned a bit--maybe.

2 comments:

  1. :) Maybe...just a little. Looks like a fun project to start, though!

    p.s. I love the new background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Keith!! Fun and ambitious! I guess this is months old news - but that is still exciting! How is it working out having a roommate? Hope life is sweet! Have a great month and we'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete