This is the hallway wall. It has the nice picture of the Ogden temple, flanked with the Proclamation on the Family and The Living Christ, overlaid with the translucent pictures seen--given to me by my family at the time of Karen's funeral.
This wall is in my dining room. Mom & Dad Lewis gave us the vinyl lettering for Christmas last year. It says "The family is one of God's masterpieces" Below are the one professional picture that we ever had together, which we took in April right before she started her first methotrexate treatment and the tribute from the funeral home. Hopefully in the near future I will get more pictures of us, including engagement pictures, wedding pictures, and others to put around those two to make them less lonely on the wall.
The next photo is of the windows in the dining room. Mom Penrod helped Karen pick out the window dressings last year when she and Dad were visiting. The plants were put there a little later--a friend that we knew from church here helped Karen pick those out. And, yes, I do have a lamp in my dining room. It's been there pretty much the whole time we've had the house. I'll move it out after I finally get around to installing a chandelier, but for now I need it to help the pathetic ceiling light out.
Next is the other dining room wall where we have two tiles and a plate with a picture of Jesus. The first tile reads "When life gets to be more than you can stand, kneel" and the other says "Christ is the center of our home, a guest at every meal, a listener to every conversation." It's a good reminder to make me be nice to people. Off to the left you can see our built-in china shelf and on the right you can see the pantry that Karen and I built--it's actually quite roomy. Well, those are all of the nifty decorations in our house, half of which I helped put up.
Keith, that is wonderful the things that you did. I admire you because I don't know if I would ever get to hanging things up. My biggest problem is just the action behind it. I have the motivation and the bare walls, but I get home and am so tired or just have other things to do. Sounds like you are doing well and you're always in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteKevin Miller
You forgot the mirror that you also hung. I like what you did with the walls. The hall wall turned out quite nicely.
ReplyDeleteHey, I am your sister Lisa's friend. Last night we had a game night at her house and she told me about your loss. I am sorry to hear that you lost your wife. I know how hard that is because I lost my husband almost three years ago to cancer after being married for five years. Both Lisa and Rob have been a great strength to me over the past few years. My thoughts are with you at this sweet/tender time. I would be happy to talk or listen anytime. My email address is kamielynn78@msn.com
ReplyDeleteKamie Naylor
Good job Keith! Your home looks so nice and cozy. Way to be brave and hang up things by yourself. I can't do it!
ReplyDeleteWow!!!! It looks great Keith! Maybe you should come decorate for us too!! I really like it and can't wait to come see it in person!
ReplyDelete