Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Scary Basement

So, when I came to school out here, they had the math department in the oldest building on campus that hadn't been renovated since sometime before it was built back in the third or fourth century.  I thought it was probably the scariest building on campus.  Well, I was wrong.  They found one that was worse.  I think it's a few billion decades newer than the old math building, but while they're renovating the math building they've stuck us here.  It's okay, I don't have too many complaints.  But the basement here is like something from one of those old sci-fi movies--you know, the kind that they run on Mystery Science Theater.  It's got doorways that were built for oompa-loompas and I don't think it's even been cleaned since before the vikings came over from Europe.  The best part is the bathroom down there.  It was so amazing, I just had to take pictures of it.  Of course, these pictures don't quite do it justice, but it'll be pretty good anyway.



Doesn't that look clean enough to eat off of?
 


Yes, that is a wood plank to act as the lock/latch.


And the beautiful ceiling.  I'm actually thinking about using this idea for my next house.

 

7 comments:

  1. That is pretty funny. Kind of reminds me of some of the old run down missionary apartments. haha. Hope life is going well and alls good with ya.
    Kevin Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarey! It looks like a bathroom you would want to make a quick get away from!!! Hope you had a good Halloween! Fun to talk to you! We love you! Brent & Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I didn't think that a university would have a scarry bathroom like that. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd think you'd find that in an apartment building, not a building on campus.

    By the way, you'd make an AWESOME tootsie roll for Halloween next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH! Never go in there after dark... I'm afraid for you. That sink made me throw up in my mouth a little.

    ReplyDelete